Sand Tiger Shark (Carcharias taurus) and Blacktip Reef Shark (Carcharhinus melanopterus)
This diorama is one of our "Self-suspension" Series products, where very delicate miniatures are "suspending" in the cubes without any visible support.
- In the Diorama: (A) Two adult sand tiger sharks, both of which carry live sharksuckers (echeneis naucrates) on their bodies, are swimming slowly and quietly near the sandy bottom of a huge aquarium tank. Compared with the sand tiger sharks, two blacktip reef sharks are swimming a lot faster among the coral and rocks with great agility. One of the blacktip reef sharks is attracted by a blue hippo tang (paracanthurus hepatus), which is swimming near the reef with others in its group. A pair of emperor angelfish (pomacanthus imperator) is seeking for food near the blue hippo tangs. A group of yellowtail snapper (ocyurus chrysurus) is swimming fast by the sand tiger sharks. (B) In this simplified diorama, an adult sand tiger shark, which carries live sharksuckers on its body, is swimming slowly by two yellowtail snappers.
- Miniature Scale: 1:32
- Dimensions: (A) 12.7cm×12.7cm×12.7cm (B) 12cm×6cm×6cm
- Net Weight: (A) 2 kilograms (B) 430 grams
- Material: Environment-friendly polymers such as acrylic and resin. Nothing is made from any animal or plant source.
- Photos and Videos: All are taken for the real objects instead of being computer software simulations.
Note: In the actual diorama you get, there could be slight differences for the position/orientation/appearance of the miniatures compared with those in the pictures and videos. The quality of the product will be the same.